Tuesday, August 18, 2009

towards new jersey and farther west

I am on an airport runway in Newark, to my left is a Korean woman with a rosary in her hands.  She fingers a few beads while looking out the window.  One of the flight attendants is quite beautiful.  As she closes the overhead compartments, her skirt lifts so I can see the lace on her black thigh highs.  I look closer and I see small scars on the inside of her arm, it appears as though she created the tiny marks.  She never noticed me staring her.  We are about to depart Newark to continue onto Las Vegas.  I know a man from New Jersey.  He once cornered me against a wall on his staircase and kissed me swiftly.  We talked for several hours but we do not talk anymore.  I think he has the wrong impression of me, I have not kissed many men, though I am sure he would not believe this.  I often think of calling him but then I imagine us falling in love and getting married and growing old.  And I imagine having to visit New Jersey several times a year and I hang up the phone.